Who we are
This website (https://frfoksal.com/) is operated by NC Media (“we,” “us,” “our,” or “ours”).
We do not take any responsibility for any personal information or sensitive data that you may disclose to us or to other users of your own accord, unasked by us, either intentionally or unintentionally, while using our services or our website.
- When you browse our website (https://frfoksal.com/), use any of our services, or contact us in any way, we receive personal information from you, and we assure you that your data will be kept safe, confidential, and will not be shared with any third parties without your clear consent.
- We entrust the processing of our visitors’ personal information only to reliable and safe third parties that specialize in the processing of personal data.
- We entrust your personal data to such third-party companies as Plausible.io, the provider of the Plausible Analytics service, which guarantee the highest level of security of data due to their compliance with the data protection requirements of the GDPR.
- We provide the possibility of sharing the content from our website via social-media platforms. Using such a service may entail using cookies provided by a given social-media platform.
- Our website is located on a server, which, as every server, generates logs. Such logs store information like the clients’ IP addresses, the date, time, and length of a request, bytes served, user’s software (including the browser type and operating system). All that information is used by the hosting provider for the operational purpose only.
Your personal data related to browsing our website (https://frfoksal.com/) and using our services will be processed by NC Media.
What is personal data?
According to the definition provided by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): “‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;”
In short, it is any kind of information that enables one to identify you as an individual and is in any way related to you.
Purposes, the legal basis, and the length of the processing of your personal data are indicated separately for each instance of data processing taking place on our website, or in every one of our services (you can read about them below).
Under the GDPR, you have the following, potential rights in regard to the processing of your personal data:
- You have a right to access and request to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you, and details about how we are processing your personal data.
- You have a right to correct the personal data we hold about you.
- You have a right to request that we erase the personal data we hold about you if you disagree with the way we process it.
- You have a right to request that we limit the processing of your personal data (e.g. to archiving it) if, in your opinion, we possess the incorrect data about you or if you believe that we process it incorrectly.
- You have a right to object to the way we process your personal data if your objection is based on your legitimate interest; you should indicate a particular situation in which, in your opinion, we should stop processing your personal data. We will stop processing your personal data within the purposes contained in such a situation unless we will be able to prove that the legal basis for this processing takes precedence over your rights in this matter or unless your personal data will be indispensable for us to identify, pursue, and defend actual or potential legal claims.
- You have a right to move your personal data. You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request to have your personal data sent to any third party of your choice.
- You have a right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority (if you come to the conclusion that we process your personal data improperly or incorrectly, you can lodge a complaint to the President of the Personal Data Protection Office or to other appropriate supervisory authority).
The legal basis for the above-mentioned rights is described in the articles 16-21 of the GDPR. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with them. We would like to inform you that the above-mentioned rights are not absolute and shall not apply to you in all instances of the processing of your personal data.
However, there is one right you will always have if you decide that we have infringed the regulations of the personal data processing, and that right is lodging a complaint to the President of the Personal Data Protection Office or to other appropriate supervisory authority.
How we collect and why we collect personal data
We collect personal information when you:
- browse and interact with our website (https://frfoksal.com/),
- use social-media share buttons,
- contact or interact with us in any other way.
We do so in order to constantly improve our services and to provide you with the best possible customer experience when you use our website or any of our services.
We do not knowingly sell or transfer any information about you to any third parties in order to facilitate their advertising to you. Every personal information you supply us with (either directly via e-mails sent to us, our social-media functionality, or indirectly by browsing our website) is collected and processed in order to allow us to better understand the needs of our customers and to improve our services.
We share that information only with the third parties delivering a particular service to you for the purpose of making that service possible. We do not knowingly sell, rent, or share any information with any other third parties for advertising purposes.
We deeply care for the confidentiality of all the information you supply us with. We also take all the necessary steps to ensure the safety and protection of such information as it is required by the regulations of the GDPR. All the personal data we process is collected with due care and protected against unauthorized access by any third parties.
We use an encrypted connection (SSL) in order to ensure the protection of data transmission between our website and your browser.
Who we share your personal data with and where we send your data
As it has already been mentioned in the sections above, we share your personal information with a handful of third parties, depending on the type of service we deliver to you:
- A hosting provider – in order to store personal data on the server.
- An e-mail service provider – to store personal data on the mailbox server,
- An accounting firm – in order to provide us with accounting services,
- A company providing technical support for your website – in order to facilitate the website maintenance service that may require their access to your personal data.
- If you browse our website, information about your actions will be transferred to, and processed by, Plausible. We stress that we prohibit Plausible Analytics from collecting your full IP address.
- If you decide to have a book reviewed by us, your personal data may be shared with the book reviewers working for us, and who will make every effort to protect your personal data with due care.
The above-mentioned third parties process your personal data on the basis of sub-processing agreements with us that are in line with the GDPR. They guarantee the use of adequate protection measures and the safety of processed data as required by the law.
If the need arises, your personal data may be shared with law firms in order to allow them to provide us with legal assistance that may require access to your personal data.
Additionally, if necessary, your personal data may be shared with, and made accessible to, the institutions authorized to have access to such data according to the law such as the police, the public prosecutor’s office, or the courts of law.
Sending personal data to third countries
Because our website is based in Poland, all the personal data we collect is being processed there.
All the entities assisting us in providing you with our service guarantee the adequate level of safety and protection of your personal data that is in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
If you do not agree to have your personal data sent to these countries, we advise you to cease using our services and contacting us in any way.
The Purposes and Instances of Data Processing
E-mail correspondence with us
When sending us information by e-mail, please bear in mind that the Internet is not a secure channel for transmitting information. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from the interception or the use by any third party of the information you have sent us via email.
By sending us an inquiry, or by corresponding with us in any way, you share with us your personal data contained in the correspondence, in particular your e-mail address and name, that are saved on the server. Providing data is voluntary, but necessary to make contact.
In this case, your personal data is processed in order to allow you to establish contact with us, and the legal basis for the processing of your personal data is Article 6, paragraph 1, subparagraph a) of the GDPR, that is, your consent resulting from your initiating contact with us. The legal basis for the processing of your personal data after the contact is finished is our legitimate objective of archiving all our correspondence for our internal purposes (Article 6, paragraph 1, subparagraph f) of the GDPR).
Our correspondence may be subjected to archiving and we are unable to determine when it will be erased. You have a right to request to receive the history of our correspondence (if it has been archived), and to have it erased, unless we have an overriding interest in retaining that correspondence, in particular our defense against any actual or potential legal claims.
Please refrain from sending us any unnecessary personal data. That kind of personal data will not be stored by us, but deleted permanently.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device (a computer, tablet, or smart phone) which can be used by our website (first-party cookies) or third parties (third-party cookies). Cookies are used by websites to make a user’s experience more efficient. The law states that we can, by default, place cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of our website. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
Our website uses various types of cookies. Some cookies expire and are removed from your device the moment you leave our website (session cookies). Other cookies are stored on your device and allow us to recognize your browser (along with your preferences) every time you visit our website (persistent cookies). There are also cookies that are placed on your device by third-party services that appear on our pages. You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website.
If you want to learn more about cookies, you can read the following material: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie
Our website uses Plausible Analytics Service. The reason for it is our legitimate interest which is creating web statistics and analyzing the traffic on our website in order to learn how to provide the best possible service and user experience to you, as our website’s visitor.
Plausible Analytics is a GDPR-friendly analytics service that collects the bare minimum of data about website visitors. If you want to know more about the type of data Plausible collects, you can read more about it on their Data Policy page.
Using our website involves sending queries to the server on which the website is stored. Each query directed to the server is saved in the server logs.
Logs include Your IP address, server date and time, information about the web browser and operating system you use. Logs are saved and stored on the server.
The data stored in the server logs is not associated with specific visitors using the website and is not used by us to identify you.
The server logs are nothing more than auxiliary material used by us to manage the website, and their content is not disclosed to anyone except those authorized to manage and maintain the server.
Children online privacy protection
Our website and our services are intended for people who are, at least, 13 years old or older. Therefore, we do not knowingly or intentionally gather any kind of information from anyone under 13 years of age. If you are 13 years old and below and want to use our services, ask your parents to use them for you.
The information and materials contained in or accessed through this website and any web pages herein are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and are of a general nature which have not been verified, considered or assessed by us and/or its subsidiaries in relation to the making of any specific investment, business, financial or commercial decision.
Such information and materials are provided for general information only and you should seek professional advice at all times and obtain independent verification of the information and materials contained herein before making any decision based on any such information or materials. We do not warrant the truth, accuracy, adequacy, completeness or reasonableness of the information and materials contained in or accessed through this website and any web pages herein, and expressly disclaims liability for any errors in, or omissions from, such information and materials.
No warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory (including but not limited to, warranties of title, merchantability, satisfactory quality, non-infringement of third-party intellectual property rights, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from computer virus and other malicious code), is given in conjunction with such information and materials, or this website or any web pages herein in general.
Under no circumstances shall we be liable regardless of the form of action for any failure of performance, system, server or connection failure, error, omission, interruption, breach of security, computer virus, malicious code, corruption, delay in operation or transmission, transmission error or unavailability of access in connection with your accessing this website or any web pages herein even if we had been advised as to the possibility of any such events.
In no event shall we will not be liable to you or any third party for any damages of any kind, including but not limited to, direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, losses or expenses arising from or connected with this website or any linked website or use thereof or inability to use by any party, or in connection with any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or line or system failure, even if we, or representatives thereof, are advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses.
Changes and updates to this policy